- What Kinds of Information Does Carson Toyota collect and Use? The only personally identifiable information we collect about visitors is provided voluntarily. In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, some portions of our Website may be accessible only to users who have registered with us (and who may be asked to provide certain information as part of the registration or login process). In addition, our Web servers may use "cookies" (described below) to collect information about visitors such as domain names, but not your e-mail addresses. This information may be aggregated to measure such things as the number of visits, average time spent on the site, number of pages viewed, and methods by which our site was found. Carson Toyota uses such information to evaluate the use of our site and to continuously improve the content and services being provided.
- Who Has Access to This Information? Unless we specifically disclose it to you at the time of collection or subsequently obtain your approval, we will not make visitor or customer-specific information that is gathered on our site available to unaffiliated organizations for commercial purposes unrelated to the business of Carson Toyota. Carson Toyota uses this information to help us deliver the services you have requested, or to design or offer specific products or services that we believe will be useful to you. While we may use this information to contact you or to send materials to you for marketing purposes, we will take commercially reasonable steps to safeguard such information from unauthorized access by any other parties. As we strive to meet the needs or our customers, we may disclose personally identifiable information we collect, as described above, to companies and vendors that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide a full range of products and services to you. Our policy is to prohibit these companies from otherwise selling or disclosing the personal information we provide. Certain federal, state and local laws or government regulations may require us to disclose non-public personal information about you. In these circumstances, we will use reasonable efforts to disclose only the information required by law, subpoena or court order to be disclosed.
- Children Carson Toyota recognizes the importance of children's safety and privacy on the Internet. For this reason and to comply with certain laws, we do not intentionally collect personal, individually identifiable information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer content targeted to children under 13. Children should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before disclosing any information online.
- Security Carson Toyota maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality of personal information provided by you at our Website. For example, unique passcodes or passwords are required to access a number of our Website services. In addition to requiring the use of a unique passcode or password, all payments processed through our Website require personal transactional information provided by you to be sent in a "Secure Session" using Secure Socket Layer encryption technology. This technology encrypts - or scrambles - your financial or credit card account information to help prevent unauthorized parties from reading it. We regularly test and update our technology to help protect your personal information. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Website is invulnerable to all security breaches. Carson Toyota makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of our Website is protected from all viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure. When doing business with others, such as advertisers to whom you can link from our site, you should consider the separate security and privacy policies of those other sites.
- Links to Other Sites For the convenience of our visitors and customers, this Website may contain links to other sites. While we generally try to link only to sites that share similar high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, products or services offered or the privacy and security practices employed by these other sites.
- Revisions Because of the evolving nature of the technologies that we use and the way that we conduct business, we may amend this policy from time to time. We will post any revisions on this site.